Hey there! Welcome to the ’Cleaning and sanitising’ topic.
Like the name suggests this topic is going to focus on cleaning but it will also let you know about the importance of sanitising. Now, I know it’s not something that most of us enjoy doing but it is a very important task that goes hand-in-hand with other measures taken to ensure food safety.
Let’s take a closer look at what you will cover in this topic.
When you complete this topic you will be able to:
- explain why cleaning and sanitising is so important
- describe the different types of cleaning products available
- describe the steps involved in manually cleaning food preparation surfaces and equipment
- explain the guidelines for using dishwashers
- explain the guidelines for correctly handling and disposing rubbish
- describe some general cleaning practices
- explain the do’s and don’ts with regard to dealing with pests in the food preparation and handling areas.
This topic will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete.Click on the Next button to begin.