Skip to Content
In Australia allergies are very common. People can be allergic to a range of different substances such as pets, pollens, grasses, insects or food.
As a food handler it is important that you have an understanding of food allergies and food intolerances.
When you complete this topic you will be able to:
- the difference between food allergies and food intolerances
- symptoms of allergic reactions
- symptoms of food intolerances
- food handler responsibilities for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- what a food recall is.
- the serious outcomes of an allergic reaction
- some of the more common foods that cause allergic reactions
- what you must do when there is a food recall.
Back to top
There are 4 subject areas in this topic to complete. It includes practice questions to help you test your knowledge before the assessment.